S&DJR Signal Box Diagrams (Pryer Volume 3)

Some of you may be familiar with the 27 volumes of Signal Box Diagrams produced by the late George Pryer, which have been out-of-print for many years since his death. The Signalling Record Society has now started to reprint this series, with the inclusion of any additional information and/or corrections which may have come to light in recent years.

Volume 3, which covers the S&DJR, is now at the printers and it is hoped that there will be stock on the SRS stand at the Warley exhibition later this month. Orders can be placed online at www.s-r-s.org.uk/bookstall . Time to treat yourselves to an early Christmas present perhaps?

post-12804-0-43532300-1541104321_thumb.png

Edited by RailWest
  • Like 2

Chris has posted an incorrect link (the terminating / is missing) - until he can correct it

https://www.s-r-s.org.uk/bookstall/

Actually, it was not the '/' that was missing, but for some reason the underlying URL had lost the '.uk' . Trouble is, now that I have tried to edit the post it's lost the link altogether <grrrr> !!

>>>Good news, I've still got my old copy, but it's a little worn out, and needs replacing - nice timing.....

For 'local' interest, you will find that it now includes a diagram for Wimborne Loop  :-)   

• 2 years later...

Despite best endeavours, it has become apparent since publication in 2018 that the Revised Edition has a number of errors :-(  In part these have resulted from the benefit of additional information which has come to light since publication, but there are also a few instances where existing errors had not been identified and (somewhat embarrassingly!) a couple of transcription errors of my own making.

An Errata List has been compiled and provided to the SRS and I update this as and when any further amendments are identified. For the benefit of those of you who may have purchased a copy of the Revised Edition [I'm sure you did .....:-) ] the latest Version of the Errata List can be found now on my website; go to www.railwest.org.uk , select the 'S&DJR Signalling' option and then choose 'Pryer Volume 3' from the signalling menu (bottom centre).

And of course, if you do happen to find any more errors then do let me know please....

• Informative/Useful 1