OO Spine Wagons

zabdiel

I had a Dapol Spine Wagon turn up today. When putting the containers on it I noticed that there was a gap between the containers and the ends of the wagons. It's worse on some corners than others but most corners have it. The gap is 1-2mm at one of the outer ends, and can be seen from a 6 feet away. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anything be done about it?

The gap is 1-2mm at one of the outer ends, and can be seen from a 6 feet away. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anything be done about it?

This was a common problem on the first batch of N gauge spine wagons (I think the ones with letters up to F or G as the product number suffix) - basically caused by poor quality plastic. I seem to remember that some people had success bending them up at the ends over a bowl of boiling water or something like that. It was certainly less prominent or less common on the latest N gauge batches, so I would have thought they would have sorted it for the OO ones! If I were you I would be tempted to return them.

Archived