Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

OO Spine Wagons

zabdiel

I had a Dapol Spine Wagon turn up today. When putting the containers on it I noticed that there was a gap between the containers and the ends of the wagons. It's worse on some corners than others but most corners have it. The gap is 1-2mm at one of the outer ends, and can be seen from a 6 feet away. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anything be done about it?

The gap is 1-2mm at one of the outer ends, and can be seen from a 6 feet away. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anything be done about it?

This was a common problem on the first batch of N gauge spine wagons (I think the ones with letters up to F or G as the product number suffix) - basically caused by poor quality plastic. I seem to remember that some people had success bending them up at the ends over a bowl of boiling water or something like that. It was certainly less prominent or less common on the latest N gauge batches, so I would have thought they would have sorted it for the OO ones! If I were you I would be tempted to return them.

Archived