Ebay madness

DavidB-AU

I picked up a Farish 47 on Ebay Australia for a "buy it now" price of only AUD$60 (about £36). It was under "other toys" rather than "model trains" and listed as part of a deceased estate with no box. At that price it was hard to pass up, even if it was an old Poole model.

It arrived in today's mail. When I took the body off...

post-6959-127183454874.jpg

Cheers

David

I am not up to the price of N gauge stock, but I guess it was good value.

I brought 2 Peco 0-16.5 loco kits and a coach kit from a different section, I sold 1 (duplicated) loco which covered the cost of all 3 items.

Yes it is worth scearching the whole site sometimes with a specific scearch. Trouble is that most of us do not have the time to do this.

In the areas of some of my other hobbies, I learnt long ago to be creative in search strings on Ebay - some of the best bargains are found with poor/too brief descriptions listed in the wrong sections by people who don't exactly know what it is that they are selling. Having a think about "how would some-one who isn't familiar with X list X?" and then searching accordingly can reveal some interesting stuff hidden away on Ebay.

Guest big bob

looks like that 108 is a modelzone exclusive,just look at how much is asked for the rtc stock,ive seen the class 24 "experiment" going for well over 160gbp,you can buy a fitted sound version with lights and repaint it for less than that! regards,bob

Archived