Hornby NON CORRIDOR STOCK

paul 27

How many would actually have received lining?

They were turned out in unlined maroon from 1956 to 1959 and scrapping started in 1960. 

There are  plentiful pictures of them in the  sixties most seem lined, not much to change the lining and stencilling they

can even use the same LMS livery looks much the same to me.

Edited by paul 27

• RMweb Gold

And release the LMS bogies as spares so we can replace the skinny ones on Bachmann Porthole coaches and use them on kit-built coaches as well  . . .

Stan

Like Coachmann, I use Bachmann bogies on LMS kit-builds.

• RMweb Gold

I picked up some of these at a good price so was happy to practice. The maroon looks spot on for BR to me. You need to remove the LMS markings and the upper of the 2 thin lines above the windows. The remaining thin line is a bit too low for BR but life's too short.....  The only difficulty was the LMS no-smoking transfers inside the windows which others discovered at the time could only be removed with an overnight soaking (or longer) in brake fluid.

post-11293-0-67435900-1543677801_thumb.jpg

post-11293-0-76654700-1543677810_thumb.jpg

post-11293-0-59722100-1543677823_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I did something similar to this on  years ago, with an Airfix Stanier corridor brake third, but I used PC (HMRS nowadays) transfers for the numbers and waist lining.  The numbers were ok, but I can't honestly recommend the lining, which I found impossible to get straight and which lifted after a few months.