Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Problems with a H0e Roco chassis

hayfield

I bought a Roco H0e 0-6-0 tank loco (33201) advertised as not working, which I thought was a good gamble, there were various issues with the contacts being dirty, eventually after a while it ran well but not very fast on full power for periods, every now and then it stopped and needed the armature turned to kick start it. I think the issues lie with the phosphor bronze pickup strips and I may try and hot wire them with very fine multicore wire, or perhaps put a metal spacer between the lower PB strip and the electrical contact stud on the motor, but I have a feeling the motor may have seen better days and is past its useful life span, any thoughts please

A replacement Roco motor is out of the question as I refuse to pay £46+ for a tiny openframe motor. This advert on eBay looks very promising though and may be worth a try, certainly a coreless motor will be far better than a small open frame motor https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roco-H0e-Dampflokomotive-12V-Glockenanker-Umbausatz-fur-33201-4100-33240-usw/283040431062?hash=item41e6863bd6:g:fXwAAOSwqoZa-1By

Certainly if it is a coreless motor would be better than the Roco motor, well I thought I bought something like this last year and low and behold it was from the same person, think I may drop him a line and say I bought a motor a year ago and ask if he would sell me the pack minus the motor 

Has anyone had any experience with either the Roco Motor or this conversion