East Midlands Trains N gauge 153

Hey All...

Straight to the point how would I go about creating a EMT 153 in N gauge I've scoured the web for ages and have not been able to come across any sutible decales or any EMT paints.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

• RMweb Premium

That's true, I wasn't thinking - I suppose there's always the option of smoothing the sides off and applying the vinyl, but you're right, I'd forgotten how much raised detail there is on the 153s.

• RMweb Premium

You’d still lose the detail, which would be why I’d avoid vinyls, not because it would be hard to get them to adhere to the surface.

I’d still just buy the proper thing. There have been at least 6 on eBay in the last couple of months from a very quick look.

Just buy the Dapol one!

A further problem with the 153 is that they’re a ###### to dissemble. Phoenix do paints, may be Stagecoach or SWT colours, you’d have to check. Not sure about decals.

Dapol did a EMT 153? personally I've not come across one but that's probably just me.

You’d still lose the detail, which would be why I’d avoid vinyls, not because it would be hard to get them to adhere to the surface.

I’d still just buy the proper thing. There have been at least 6 on eBay in the last couple of months from a very quick look.

My layout is viewed from quite a distance so loosing some detail wouldn't be to bad.. Also I have a London Midland 153 so logically I might as well convert that!

You lose all the detail. I really wouldn’t.

And yes, ND114a:

ND114a-LN02_3323642_Qty1_1.jpg

They’re not particularly rare. Sell the LM one (they’re probably the most common), and buy the one you want.

I'm still baffled as to how I haven't come across it! Fair point that's probably the best option, I'll keep my eyes peeled on Ebay for one! Thank You All For Your Help :)