Zimo 648R lighting effects

Roger Sunderland

• RMweb Premium

A quick bit of help guys if at all possible.

I want a random flicker on an LED. In both directions. Operating on the white wire. On function button F0

Can get the effect forward by making CV125=8 - but not in both directions. I know the White wire normally controls fwd light but I thought you could make it bi-directional. CVs and values if possible?

One way is to map the White Wire to work with FnKey0 in Reverse.   The FnKey0 is an oddball, in that it is a different command in Forwards or Reverse (in all decoders, its part of the DCC specification). 

So, CV34 (the FnKey0 Reverse), and needs a value of 1 for only the White Wire.   

There are a lot of ways of achieving this, but the above is simple and sticks to the NMRA function mapping. 

• RMweb Premium

One way is to map the White Wire to work with FnKey0 in Reverse.   The FnKey0 is an oddball, in that it is a different command in Forwards or Reverse (in all decoders, its part of the DCC specification). 

So, CV34 (the FnKey0 Reverse), and needs a value of 1 for only the White Wire.   

There are a lot of ways of achieving this, but the above is simple and sticks to the NMRA function mapping.

Thank you so much Nigel. Works perfectly.