Peco Point Springs

I have a Peco code 75 medium radius  point, and the spring on the switch has come adrift in the process of ballasting. The spring is intact and I have removed the T shape plastic flap that 'sits' on top of the switch part of the point. Does anyone know how to reinstall/recontruct this point so that the spring works and the point can function as it previously did? It looks very fiddly. Can anyone recommend a suitable method/tool for doing this-apart from lots of  patience of course

I think the design of Peco points varies so posting a picture of the problem point might help.  Meanwhile, I googled replacing Peco point springs  which produced this link to video of a code 83 point: 

It may help.  Alternatively, my search came up with several other results that may be worth following up.

Harold.

Harold

Many thanks for the video. it has shown me enough to realise that it looks like I need to get a new spring for this point.

Is it quicker to get Peco to supply them direct, or are there certain retailers that hold them?

regards

Paul

If you have the spring and it is intact, forming a "V" shape, it should be OK for re-use. Look at another point if you have one to see the orientation.

The process is a bit fiddly, and one challenge is to prevent the spring from flying off into the ether! Now you've released the central plastic flap, you're half way there. I'd suggest you first get the spring into the little cut out in the tie bar, then catch the other end in the flap. Use tweezers or nudge with the end of a screwdriver. The flap can then be eased into place and a pair of thin pliers applied from above to close the clip, when happy press the tops down with screwdriver blade.

Treat yourself to a brew or something stronger when you've finished!

John.

If you have the spring and it is intact, forming a "V" shape, it should be OK for re-use. Look at another point if you have one to see the orientation.

The process is a bit fiddly, and one challenge is to prevent the spring from flying off into the ether! Now you've released the central plastic flap, you're half way there. I'd suggest you first get the spring into the little cut out in the tie bar, then catch the other end in the flap. Use tweezers or nudge with the end of a screwdriver. The flap can then be eased into place and a pair of thin pliers applied from above to close the clip, when happy press the tops down with screwdriver blade.

Treat yourself to a brew or something stronger when you've finished!

John.

John

Yes I followed your advice, and I am now toasting new year! Thanks. I am also going to get some spare springs from Peco too.

regards

Paul