(SOLVED) Digikeijs (Digirails) DR4088CS Detector Question.

Graham Radish

Hello everyone, this is my first post

I have setup my DR5000 together with my DR4088CS 16 block current detector successfully they are connected together with a short (20cm) CAT5 cable, all is well and they see eachother properly in the DR5000's software, however its a different story with Traincontroller Gold, Traincontroller can successfully control a train manually with the panel but whenever i try to connect a block i cannot find the DR4088, it doesnt seem to be listed on the dropdown menu, which is strange because as i say i can drive a train manually using traincontrollers manual controls, any ideas folks?

This has got me stumped, its the first time ive got this far with automated train control and this little problem is stopping me from going any further.

Im obviously missing something out here would be great if you experienced guys could help me out.

Thanks guys, any help here would be much appreciated.

Edited by Graham Radish

Hi

In the DR5000 software before you load up TC if you drive a train over the block does the detect go active. So in the Loconet T section there are all the detection addresses, and as the train crosses the block a little tick should appear. I have the first address set as 130 for example.

Then

In TC I assume you have the DCC system connected via loconet via the usb and com port as you can drive the train.

In the block you have drawn add a sensor and in the sensor properties select the loconet system with the single address, I think it’s the last on the list, there you add the address, so for me it’s 130. Hit ok and that should be it.

If you’re still not sure I’ll try to add some pictures when I’m back.

D

• Like 1

Hi,

This maybe a little off topic, but since you are working with Digikeijs detection...you must have it operational- which is currently beyond me and I am looking for some pointers.

I have the DR5000 connected to my PC and am operating trains, but my problem lies in getting the system to work with any mobile devices using the Z21 mobile app. I have activated and connected the mobile devices to the DR5000, using the IP defined in the Wifi window, and have activated the Z21 protocol through the LAN port.

With the Z21 I have set up the DR5000 IP in the App settings and have set up a train in the Vehicles window, but when I go to test or drive the train via the z21.....nothing :(

Would you have any recommendations or suggestions of checks or fault finding processes to follow.

Thanks

OTR 

Hi OTR,

Just some basics - in the Z21 App have you checked you made the loco 'Active' and the connection symbol at the top centre right hand is showing green for 'connected?

post-1570-0-86301200-1548064902_thumb.png

You may have the newer Z21 App but similar applies.

Cheers ... Alan

Edited by Alan Kettlewell

Hi,

This maybe a little off topic, but since you are working with Digikeijs detection...you must have it operational- which is currently beyond me and I am looking for some pointers.

I have the DR5000 connected to my PC and am operating trains, but my problem lies in getting the system to work with any mobile devices using the Z21 mobile app. I have activated and connected the mobile devices to the DR5000, using the IP defined in the Wifi window, and have activated the Z21 protocol through the LAN port.

With the Z21 I have set up the DR5000 IP in the App settings and have set up a train in the Vehicles window, but when I go to test or drive the train via the z21.....nothing :(

Would you have any recommendations or suggestions of checks or fault finding processes to follow.

Thanks

OTR 

Has the 'phone app actually connected with the DR5000? If you check in the DR5000 Wi-Fi then you will be able to see the devices that have been associated with it and issued an address, if your phone isn't connected to the DR5000 and the DR5000 set to use Z21 protocol then it wont work. and putting the DR5000 address into the Z21 App wont achieve anything :(

If your dr5000 is connected in clear sight i think its much better to use an actual physical controller than these phone apps, better still perhaps an infrared controller like the dynamis controller

Edited by Graham Radish

Why, your devices cost a lot of money and the apps are free - if a person is buying then one of the factors affecting the decision is the price effectiveness of the DR5000 and the buyer won’t want to lose that advantage by purchasing expensive additions that don’t provide any benefit - and actually have significant drawbacks due to their communication method.

If they do want a dedicated, physical controller then the Roco Wi-fi Multimaus is the only viable solution.

Why, your devices cost a lot of money and the apps are free - if a person is buying then one of the factors affecting the decision is the price effectiveness of the DR5000 and the buyer won’t want to lose that advantage by purchasing expensive additions that don’t provide any benefit - and actually have significant drawbacks due to their communication method.

If they do want a dedicated, physical controller then the Roco Wi-fi Multimaus is the only viable solution.

I use a standard MultiMaus on mine, works just fine. 

So does my wlan Maus.

Chris

Thanks for your advice everyone, the problem was with the connection of my device. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Z21 App and configured it to talk to the DR5000, and...............success!

Smasher you are right, Rudysmodelrailway is an excellent tutorial on the Digikeijs products.

Cheers

OTR.

• Like 2

To cut down on issues mainly and its nice to have real controllers sometimes over software, one company made one that looked identical to the inside of a class 37 controls it was great but cant remember which company it was, it was a tabletop controller.  also instead of firing up a computer just to move some trains i suppose. Very rarely is anything free any good, while it gets the job done it just complicates things further for a lot of people, especially with wifi, it can have a ton of connection problems. As for PC control, i really cannot understand why someone doesnt make a USB controller. I know Everard Junction uses Lenz Wired controllers, all about preference i suppose.

Edited by Graham Radish

I am not sure where you get this impression that free = rubbish, have a look at the Roco Z21 app, very far from rubbish and yet very free, there is also Touchcab, also free (with a paid version), and with regard to USB connected devices there are many that can work this way from Digikeijs, Digitrax, Lenz, …. and surely if you are connected via USB then that is the same as wired?

Not sure where the problem is with Wi-Fi either, I have my layout connected with Wi-Fi without issue, and I know many others who do this and none of them have any issues.

The other aspect to consider is what is inside your 'real controller' - a microcontroller driven by …. software ;)

Edited by WIMorrison