Quartering for a Midland Railway1F 0-6-0T

Chrislock

Greetings again.

I am in the process of scratchbuilding an N gauge 1F open cab 0-6-0T for my Little Midland Railway, and I have now built the ( split) chassis, have some neat wheels from the 2mm society, and am about to tackle quartering them.

Does anyone happen to know whether these little engines were left or right crank leading?

I know it's a minor detail but I would like to get it right if possible, and I can't find the information anywhere.

Thanks,

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Yes you'r right all Midland engines had right hand lead.

Just a passing though. Why do we all car so much as you can never see both sides at the same time. It's ;ole the locos that have differnet number's names on each side adn no one ever sees both sides.

Yes you'r right all Midland engines had right hand lead.

Just a passing though. Why do we all car so much as you can never see both sides at the same time. It's ;ole the locos that have differnet number's names on each side adn no one ever sees both sides.

Maybe The Borg [2mmFS] are slowly assimilating me...?!

:unsure:

Its not as though it makes a difference you're right. The priority is always to get a free flowing chassis, and quartering can be a bit of a pain to get right, as I've discovered!

But actually I think if you can get it right you may as well.

Cheers

Chris

Archived