MERG DCC Controller not working DCCConcepts Digital iP Point Motors

Paul80

Hi all

Don't know if anyone will be able to help but I will ask.

I have recently started to use the MERG CANCMD DCC System and have no issues running my DCC Locos but have hit a problem with the accessory control side.

On my layout I have a number of DCCConcepts Digital iP point motors, which when first installed I gave each one a unique address using a Gaugemaster Prodigy and all worked fine.

Now I have the MERG system I am unable to activate the points using either the CANCAB handset or through RMJI connected to the USB, they do still work if I connect through a Sprog3 & JMRI so I know the address I set is still working

So firstly can anyone confirm the MERG systems Accessory function should control the Digital iP motors and if they should any thoughts as to why I get nothing on mine.

I have 2 MERG setups one on the main layout and the other for use on the setup rig and its the same with both.

Thanks for any help with this

You might need to check the firmware version of the CANCMD, DCC accesory control is in the V4 software (I think off the top of my head). You'll need to either: Connect up the system to a computer via a CANUSB4 (I'm assuming you have one) or take it over to a local area group meeting and someone will be happy to help you out with the firmware upgrade. I've done it myself, for the same reason, it's relatively painless.