Z21 & Lenz RS bus

melmerby

Keith

The RBus on the Z21 is Roco Bus which may be proprietary to ROCO as very little works with it going by their blurb at 

https://www.z21.eu/media/Kwc_Basic_DownloadTag_Component/32-1056-648-downloadTag/default/4317ca5f/1533024979/z21-black-de.pdf

The module by Bluecher is an interface to Xpressnet, though why you want that when you already have Xpressnet I am not clear.

This chap got RS Bus stuff work on the Lenz Xpressnet interface, might be worth looking at?

Iain

• RMweb Premium

Hi Iain

Expressnet is not the problem!

I would like to somehow dispose of the Lenz 100 set up and find some way of still using the occupancy detectors. I have 15 of them totalling some 100+ detected blocks.

They use the Lenz RS bus, as do several other systems including the DR5000 but sadly not the Z21.

The query is whether there is some way of using the block detectors with something else that can communicate with the Z21

e.g. what does the sniffer bus do?

The only thing that I have so far heard of is the Paco RS2PC-USB which connects them directly to a PC via the USB bus. But how would you use it?

Edited by melmerby

Keith

I wasn't suggesting Xpressnet was an issue, just pointing to a link where a chap had solved some RS Bus issues

this site clarifies what I thought and alluded to, the RS Bus is proprietary to Lenz and the information on it, such is available, is as a result of reverse engineering as the spec hasn't been released therefore people wont have developed for it 

http://www.der-moba.de/index.php/RS-Rückmeldebus

Iain