JMRI Loco Rosters

cravensdmufan

I wonder if other JMRI users could help me please?

I have sucessfully created a loco roster by reading back decoders via NCE USB interface.

My question:  is it possible to make a printout of the complete loco roster like a spreadsheet? I have tried "file export" without success.

Apologies if this has been answered of covered before, but I can't find answers here or on JMRI website.

Thanks,

Vivian

all the files for each loco are stored as xml files which you could read using many programmes and extract the data that you want, though I am not sure I would want to do anything with it outside of DecoderPro anyway. 

Exporting the roster to get a backup for restoration if there is an issue is what I would do :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks John, I will try that.

Sounds strange to want a print, but I wanted a hard copy purely to give a list of my locos as if anything happened to me!  This is any easy way to see which locos are sound fitted. Make it easier for people to sort out.  I have also put sticky labels under locos!

Pure belt and braces, I know!  I'm old school like that!  I surprised myself getting into DCC actually!

Vivian