RMweb

Rugby Union

tigerburnie

13 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Well it was bound to end, shame those flippin' Pests again that unstitched us, not seen the game, but reading the fans comments the referee isn't very popular.

Sounds like sour grapes from the top end of the M69.  Bad luck for Leicester that Wasps decided to be stubborn, and it was hardly the ref’s fault that the Tigers played a quarter of the match a man down due to a blatant professional foul and an unwarranted punch aimed at the head.

Charlie

No I wished the Wasps fans well, they do seem to have a knack of being our party poopers, I've not seen the game yet as I cancelled BT Sport some time ago, so don't have a personal view point, having played the game I don't ever remember either giving or receiving a punch that wasn't warranted and professional fouls are two a penny these days too.

• Like 1

Well Tigers cut that fine in the European Cup, but now qualified for the knockout stages with a game to spare, this was one of the targets I thought we needed to achieve when the season started as an indicator of progress in the rebuild of the team, part of the job done.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

I wish the Tigers wouldn't cost me quite so many 70 odd minute heartbeats though.

Dave

They’ve got it off to a fine art, this last play if the match thing.

• Agree 1

Well we get 5 points and a 28-0 win because Bordeaux have got covid, tough but those were the rules agreed at the start of the competition, but it's not stopping at least one French team threatening legal action because of it. They didn't have a team free from covid but still whingeing, they wanted to change their minds after they found out they couldn't play the game at a later date.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I have to say congratulations to Exeter Chiefs for the way they handled a tricky cultural appropriation issue. A stroke of genius to replace the feather bonneted chief that was causing them difficulties with native Americans with an Iron Age Devonian. That Dumnonian chief promising a "warm" welcome to invaders from points East is a better fit for the Exeter pack than Sitting Bull ever was.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Well that's a couple of our rivals fallen over this weekend, if we can conjure up a win and Wasps do us a favour we could be in a very good place lol.

Well that went well. Tigers have obviously been drawing inspiration from Leicester City when it comes to throwing away winning positions.

Just now, grandadbob said:

Bit puzzled why Borthwick replaced Freddie Burns so early though. It did seem to affect their game adversely.

Not so much that he was taken off, it was how the players were put out of position that seemed to cause chaos, Hegerty seemed to panic to gift one try, as the commentators said Tigers seem to be better fighting from behind rather than running on from the front, lessons to be learnt, we clearly missed Ford for his match management and Genge for his leadership, we need to address that as we lose both permanently next season.

• Agree 1

Not a bad England side, but unsure if they have the motivation to win in Edinburgh, decent Scots side picked. I think Wales are going to struggle in Dublin, missing their talisman in the forwards. Not seen the French or Italian sides, but France are my tip to win the 6 nations, though probably not a grand slam.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Not a bad England side, but unsure if they have the motivation to win in Edinburgh, decent Scots side picked. I think Wales are going to struggle in Dublin, missing their talisman in the forwards. Not seen the French or Italian sides, but France are my tip to win the 6 nations, though probably not a grand slam.

France probably a good tip. They usually start 6 Nations a bit slowly, so it's a real plus to start against Italy.

On 28/01/2022 at 11:03, whart57 said:

I have to say congratulations to Exeter Chiefs for the way they handled a tricky cultural appropriation issue. A stroke of genius to replace the feather bonneted chief that was causing them difficulties with native Americans with an Iron Age Devonian. That Dumnonian chief promising a "warm" welcome to invaders from points East is a better fit for the Exeter pack than Sitting Bull ever was.

Looks more like a Saracen to me! 

I was expecting something like this

celt_attack1a.gif.bc2489b1c2338458fce21fd7bff20a50.gif

Edited by rockershovel