EMUsLEE

Brief Outline of era

Set in the mid 90's Sectorisation & Network SouthEast colours now dominate British Rail in Kent with the odd appearance of BR blue locomotives & BR blue & grey in the form of the elderly 2 & 4 EPB' units which are gradually being withdrawn to make way for the new networker units, early appearances of some 3 CEP EMU's in NSE and LSE ( Jaffa Cake ) livery.

Edited by EMUsLEE
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Yes Mike those boards are familiar still looking the same at the moment it was a case of back to the drawing board I'm torn between the Isle of Sheppey , Addiscombe , Bromley north or somewhere along the medway valley line

headache lol

• Friendly/supportive 1

Baseboard configuration been working on to have a dropped section with station terminus or a through station more details and plan to follow

baseboard format.jpg

Edited by EMUsLEE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

If you want more accurate SER station canopies, and wooden clad buildings, there are some available in card kits

Which supplier have you found to be best for that? I have been looking for a cheaper source of SER canopies for some time (for the valencing)!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Storey said:

Which supplier have you found to be best for that? I have been looking for a cheaper source of SER canopies for some time (for the valencing)!

It might be ABM railcraft, I am in the UK on holiday, but my kits are back home in Australia 

• Thanks 1

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 05:13, 47606odin said:

If you want more accurate SER station canopies, and wooden clad buildings, there are some available in card kits

I've gone for the Metcalfe platform canopies which i've found very good in detail and value for money .

• Like 1

On 01/06/2019 at 18:46, 47606odin said:

It might be ABM railcraft, I am in the UK on holiday, but my kits are back home in Australia 

I remember looking through their range some time ago, and thought it was promising, but a few attempts since your post, to access the website, has been in vain. Likewise, the few stockists are reporting no stock and no ability to predict when they will get any more.

I know it was a one-person cottage industry, but I wonder whether he has ceased trading, or it is just a temporary shutdown due to illness or whatever. Anyone know?

12 hours ago, Mike Storey said:

I remember looking through their range some time ago, and thought it was promising, but a few attempts since your post, to access the website, has been in vain. Likewise, the few stockists are reporting no stock and no ability to predict when they will get any more.

I know it was a one-person cottage industry, but I wonder whether he has ceased trading, or it is just a temporary shutdown due to illness or whatever. Anyone know?

That I don’t know. I just have the kits back home, and probably will never build now as I have gone up to O gauge

• Thanks 1