Possible supplier of locos and rolling stock for Micro/box file layouts

7 hours ago, noctilux2 said:

I’ve used these before for their tram loco.  They state that the bodies fit Hornby 0-4-0 chassis, those without pistons.  I have said chassis, it doesn’t fit !  Buyer beware.

You may need to check if they are the more recent Chinese-made ones or the older Margate production. They are somewhat different.

Thanks for posting that link shortliner.
Always good to know about potentially useful products.
I must admit, I'm quite tempted by a tram loco myself. It would make a great loco for a really tiny micro layout

Re @luke the train spotter's comment about them possibly needing filler and some work on them
I've built quite a few similar kits of mainly buildings & accessories, where the parts needed a lot of fettling & filing, and then when assembled, I needed quite a bit of filler....
As you say, the way to look at this, is as a starting point rather than scratch-building a project. I know some people would prefer not to have too much fettling & filling, but I don't mind it
When you get a nice result from such a kit, it's quite a satisfying feeling

As B1uejay says - perhaps noctilux2 should have taken up the issue with the supplier - it may be they had a "rogue" one...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It certainly seems interesting! Seeing the post sent me off searching elsewhere, and I discovered there's a good range of 3D-printed model railway items on Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/miniatures/trains. You can use the filters on the left to select your gauge, era, steam/diesel etc. Most of the 'OO' products are in fact for 009, but there are still a fair few standard gauge shunters including several Y6/J70-style trams. They're more expensive than the link above as they're printed and posted as one piece, but they're possibly more detailed and there certainly aren't any gaps to worry about. 

• Like 1