Realtrack 156 - What Decoder to use?

reggie

Hi All,

I've just got the Realtrack 156 in EMT Livery - and the manual states to use a 21 pin, 8 function, MTC Decoder.

Can anyone advise a decoder to go for? Make / product number? I'm a bit confused...

Thanks 

The required chip is in the booklet that comes with it. It’s an ESU chip and you need to purchase 2. If you look on the Class156 thread Charlie has listed all the functions it needs to do. I would advise a trip to his stand or an email as it’s a comprehensive list. I saw him at Glasgow and Perth Green and now understand more about the range of lighting effects ( mine is a non sound version) after seeing him.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have the non sound version as well and I am using a Prodigy Express controller. Would you know how to change 

the F2 key to make it a "latched" key for the carriage lighting. the notes for the EMT 156 on the Realtrack website

shows F12 for Passenger Lighting but that doesn't work for me.

I cannot turn on on the the Destination Blind Lights either.

Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Michael 

• RMweb Gold

F12 is the interior lights for the sound version.

It's possible to remap the function away from F2 but it requires multiple CV's and can be a pain to do via the prodigy handset. 100 times easier with some sort of connection to a PC (I use a SPROG) and DecoderPro.

Edited by Kaput