Garage in Queen Street - Northall

Job's Modelling

This garage diorama is build in an IKEA box about 18 cm wide, 7 cm deep and 12,5 cm high. The base for the garage is the Scalescenes one. Brick textures are also from Scalescenes. Other textures are from the internet, and for the pumps also from 3DK models.

Loved the challenge to create something is such a small space.

1879431142_finisheddiorama(5).JPG.529a684c473e770c4edbcdba168a3928.JPG

But researching my car models from the Pocketbond and Oxford Diecast range I got also a little bit frustrated. Noticed that some models have an incorrect superscription or have never been used by for instance British Railways. And when I have a correct model, I noticed that I had to look to Mk I; MkII or MkIII by the Austen Healey for a correct date.

Of course, I now know I have not enough knowledge of the British historical cars and lorries used in the 1950’s. But sometimes there is no information available or the picture of the model gives the full information. There are some nice service models for instance for Austin/BMC, but I don’t know if they are correct. So, I only can hope that the Morris Minor Pick up is correct.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Kind Regards,

Job

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The problem with many diecast vehicles is that many are based on preserved vehicles. The Morris Minor 1000 van in 'blood & custard' livery is a case in point. A preserved example is in that livery which it is too young to have carried when new. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Classix made a major error with their Morris van and pickup models. The car versions have the correct wheelbase, representing 7 feet 2 inches, but the van and pickup, for some obscure reason, have been shortened by a scale six inches. In reality, the dimension was the same on all variations all the way through their long production run. Having said that, the models are rather attractive even though some of the liveries are "invented" 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...