4mm SECR/LBSC/LSWR/SR Sprung buffers

Jack P

Hi guys,

I am frantically trying to find a supplier of sprung buffers for the constituent companies of the Southern Railway (and the SR itself). It seems pretty easy to find loco and in some cases coach buffers, but I am on the hunt for wagon buffers. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction, or detail what they might've done to make do?

Am I missing a very obvious option?

Cheers!

Edited by Jack P

Guy Rixon's Shapeways site has a number of alternative buffer castings for LCDR and SER carriages and wagons that require MJT buffer heads and springs to complete, in an economical way. I believe that the typical LSWR and LBSCR wagon buffers, and some SECR ones, were very similar to the generic RCH or GWR designs, and these are available as sprung units from MJT themselves (Dart Castings). Wizard have a range of sprung carriage and wagon buffers, from  various sources, which, although not designed for Southern lines, may contain something suitable, as might the Lanarkshire range, which can be supplied bored out for springing.  London Road supply buffer castings with their LBSC kits that are intended for springing, and these may be available separately.