Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Stalled Project

Gibbo675

Hi Folks,

Due to a serious case of "woman trouble" compounded with the loss of a job at an engineering workshop I have a rather large project in need of a good home. The locomotive needs a boiler although the frame set is almost complete requiring the following:

• Valve and cylinder liners.
  • End covers to fit.
  • Cylinders to final fix.
  • Piston heads and rings.
  • Valve spindle, heads and rings
  • Truck and tender springs.
  • Collars and pins to valve gear to complete.
  • Reversing shaft bearing caps to complete.

Unfortunately I have no workshop capacity and that which I shall be building will only cater for full size motorcycles and not small locomotives.

I would love to see the locomotive finished so therefore I am happy to see it go to a good home should anyone wish to either take on the project and earn themselves part ownership of what is so far built or should they wish make a serious offer.

DSCF0037.JPG.cdbb530907b2b575986378dc97e5f142.JPG

General view with Britten Replica for sense of scale.

P6070497.JPG.7c117a5a30b0c273e614270e69e4a1bd.JPG

P6110497.JPG.6492765e21fd560107550dbe6a36584e.JPG

As you may note from the photographs the project is a 15" gauge LMS Crab and the bike is a full size replica.

Should anyone be interested do please contact either by way of this thread or by PM.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1