Non-Magnetic Replacement Wheelsets

Hi Everyone!

I'm building a little shunting layout, using Kadee couplings and 20x10x2mm rare earth magnets as the uncouplers under the track. Some wagons have wheels/axles which are attracted to the magnets and I was hoping that there is a supply of replacement wheels/axles Non-Magnetic which would be drop-in replacements. On most wagons I have removed steel weights and added weights made from brass bar, leftover bits of pewter, and/or hidden inside wagon loads. I've also added some braking in the form of a small bit of foam stuffed under one axle of each wagon, though I will work out something a little more permanent with brass wire rubbing on the axles.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, hartleymartin said:

Hi Everyone!

I'm building a little shunting layout, using Kadee couplings and 20x10x2mm rare earth magnets as the uncouplers under the track. Some wagons have wheels/axles which are attracted to the magnets and I was hoping that there is a supply of replacement wheels/axles Non-Magnetic which would be drop-in replacements. On most wagons I have removed steel weights and added weights made from brass bar, leftover bits of pewter, and/or hidden inside wagon loads. I've also added some braking in the form of a small bit of foam stuffed under one axle of each wagon, though I will work out something a little more permanent with brass wire rubbing on the axles.

Maybe if Peters Spares is having wheel sets made (see another thread), perhaps this is a product to consider?

See here.

Edited by kevinlms
Add link to discussion about wheel sets