Cambrian Coast - Barmouth, Summer 1955

My grandfather, Alec Sunderland died earlier this year (2019) and I was passed his collection of railway photographs by my Mum, his daughter. Several hundred prints from the early 1950s, primarily around his home near Warrington. In the summer of 1955 the family took a holiday on the Cambrian Coast and this collection of photos, I believe, were taken at the end of June and early July that year. I have not added any further details, but the file names include the locomotive number. 

If you'd like to include them in your own personal research then feel free to download and save them. If you would like to use them in publication, please contact me (www.jameshilton-cmr.co.uk) to arrange for a high resolution scan of the original print.

Album link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iQ6Vu388S48UDLY96

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

My grandfather, Alec Sunderland died earlier this year (2019) and I was passed his collection of railway photographs by my Mum, his daughter. Several hundred prints from the early 1950s, primarily around his home near Warrington. In the summer of 1955 the family took a holiday on the Cambrian Coast and this collection of photos, I believe, were taken at the end of June and early July that year. I have not added any further details, but the file names include the locomotive number. 

If you'd like to include them in your own personal research then feel free to download and save them. If you would like to use them in publication, please contact me (www.jameshilton-cmr.co.uk) to arrange for a high resolution scan of the original print.

Album link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iQ6Vu388S48UDLY96

Hi James,

Love the last shot with the rake of tenders. Try modelling that and avoiding adverse comments!

• Like 1