Facing Point Locks

It's is a lock. The sectional appendixies refer to it as such. Could you clarify what you mean by 'side plates'? I doubt very much if any of these made onto power boxes. There is mention of one at Hackney Downs in the 1950's.

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of the toe end detectors that were mounted at 90deg to the rails.

OzzyO.

Bigger? Like higher res? What for?

Cheers

Jim

Jim I was meaning so we could see the two points that have the toe ends showing, as they appear to have the slide chairs with the slide on the six foot side of the stock rails on rails No2 & 3 (I am counting from L to R).

OzzyO.

It's is a lock. The sectional appendixies refer to it as such. Could you clarify what you mean by 'side plates'? I doubt very much if any of these made onto power boxes. There is mention of one at Hackney Downs in the 1950's.

I never mentioned 'side plates' I did mention slide plates, maybe I should have wrote slide chairs! Sorry for the confusion but I had, had a long day. The clock on my mess says 00;33 but the clock is one hour out so it was 01;33.

OzzyO.

Guest jim s-w

Hi Ozzy

Its a double slip - hope that makes sense now. Ususally the numbers are at the side of the point on the 'straight' side, however the slips at New Street have the numbers in the center.

HTH

Jim

Hiya

It doesnt answer your question but dont forget the point numbers too (from Colin Craig)

Colins%20ID%20plates.jpg

Cheers

Jim

Hello Jim,

got it now from the left 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 are the pairs of stock rails. It just looked strange with no tie-bars tying it all together.

OzzyO.

Archived