R3696 Old Oak Common GWR HST pack...

adb968008

On 18/07/2019 at 14:42, truffy said:

Gotta admit, I’d be tempted if I didn’t already have a FGW HST. There’s only so many HSTs a boy needs. 

Speak to Scooby Rail of Oak Road fame for therapy - he says you can never have too many HST's!

Its terrible that as a young boy I used to hate HST's - Now I must admit I do have a soft spot for them, and respect.  A thoroughbred work horse, with style and that has proven itself throughout time  (Odd oil leak and fire, but nothing is perfect!  Thinking about it, the legendary Deltics used to do similiar!).  Went Paddington the other week - certainly not the same without the HST's, plus, there is the deafening scream of IEP's going around the curve.  In Devon I rode on an IEP the other week too, not as good as an HST, although the ticket inspector was a laugh!  

Regards,

C.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I wouldn't rule it out but highly unlikely and yes they do now fetch silly money on eBay. Probably better to get one resprayed and save some money. 

Anyway best we should not go too far off topic as I don't want to get roasted! ;). As for this HST and with the new Mk3 SD's coming out. I can legally have a short HST on my twin oval of track with the new Mk3's which to be honest. I am looking forward to it :).

That In essence is the beauty of the GWR and Scotrail HST releases......a nice easily manageable train suitable for most situations and now we have shortly the revised Mark 3’s to make the prototype I saw a week ago at Temple Meads.No I will not be getting another 60 unless someone is selling it for £50 .They are going for silly money.