Portable buildings for work sites

billtee

Another tricky subject! I am modelling a factory site which requires at least one portable building - those (usually) white former(?) shipping containers with steel reinforcement around tgem so they can be stacked.

I used to have a superb model of these types of offices when I modelled in OO, but so far I haven’t seen anything really suitable for O gauge.

If nothing is available, I’ll make a single-storey portable office from Plasticard or picture frame mounting card, but I am hoping someone might know a supplier - it would make my work considerably easier as I am presently in the middle of modelling a retail shop which will be highly detailed inside and out, front and rear, as it will be placed just 100mm from the front edge of my loft layout.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Bill

Thank you, everyone! I’ve just ordered a 7mm porta-cabin from Northumbrian Painting Supplies which will be perfect. I was very impressed by their range of 7mm products, all from a manufacturer I hadn’t discovered previously. I also ordered their picnic bench set (x2) for my (yet to be constructed) pub’s beer garden. Now I’ll have to get a few drinkers to sit at them! I am finding all these details very enjoyable to make. I have just finished ‘planting out’ my 7mm cabbages and cauliflowers, and making several plant tubs to decorate the fronts of my cottages. My model railway’s garden features will soon look better than my real garden! At least they won’t need watering or constant weeding.

Anyway, thank you all very much for your help.

Bill

On 10/08/2019 at 08:23, D6775 said:

Northumbrian Painting Supplies do a portacabin and I am sure Intentio do one too but I cannot see it on their website. I've just finished building their mess room and its very nice.

Intentio

Al.

http://intentio.co.uk/engine-sheds/

IMG_2495.jpg.b740ab53ed31202e05fa1bf654f1430e.jpgIMG_2493.jpg.08a3207b844abb28de6425911e3c6622.jpg

Edited by BrushType4