georgeT

After a long rest with a serious lack of mojo (Family matters etc etc) and not really building anything for myself l have returned refreshed to start again building loco/wagon kits for myself, after finally realising that you really cant (well l cant) make anything interesting to operate layout wise in 8' x 2' in 7mm?, so l have come up with a new idea of a shed/diorama style and somewhere just to run my locos up and down (better than nothing), l have got lots of inspiration on other layouts like 'Hobbs Warren' / 'Abercynon Fach' which are small self contained layouts in their own right.

l built a lovely two road shed about six or seven years back which ended up being sold to a friend in the end, as many of my projects have ended up (or scrapped) so l managed to get the depot back and the seed was sown, so l started to cut it down in size to make a three road shed, how far this will go who knows well see......Hahahaha

Workbench (685).JPG

DSC06042.JPG

DSC06043.JPG

DSC06044.JPG

DSC06045.JPG

DSC06046.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Welcome aboard Ade hope you enjoy the ride, just got fed up with trying to make a workable layout with so little space so that's where 72G should be a hit as l can store and run locos about all day, we will see ? 

PS, looking forward to meeting up at Telford...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Bigbee Line said:

I like the hack to make an interesting shed. I’ve got some pictures that show the long hooks that hold the doors open. An easy to make detailing item. 

Sounds interesting ?