Inspection Saloon/TIC DB999508

Not to boast - no I will rolleyes.gif

As the Woking Track Engineer - I've a place booked on the NR outing booked for 999508 from Waterloo to Weymouth on the 16/06/10. I'll post the timings when I get chance and take some internals for this thread. Unfortunately, these inspection saloons have to be towed nowadays ("they" really do take the fun out of everthing). Traction for the last run back in April was a West Coast Railways 47 - 47756 ?? with the 37 bring the empties into W'loo. I hope they'll do the traction the other way round this time !

Are you sure it is 999508, this is TIC (track Inspection Coach) and not operated by West Coach, it is not an Observation Saloon any more and requires top 'n tail locos. If it was operated by West Coast, it sounds like the old Network Rail maroon LMS Saloon that was called Amanda, and is a proper saloon.

TIC is not used as an Obs Saloon but track recording.

If you want to be 'propelled' then you need to order 975025 from Networkl Rail which is called 'Caroline' and in a 'Orrible green colour. This can be driven from and requires an ETH loco. This is normally done with DRS (West Coast Operated) 37423. This would give the opurtunity to observe the track from the saloon in a forward direction with the driver driving from the Saloon.

If you want contact details on who to contact to enquire about this one instead just PM me.

Heres a crompton propelling ( at speed) on the up at Sway .....No propelling ! ..what a load of bull, might as well sit up with the driver .

Please see my comment above. This is 'Caroline'. This can be driven at light loco speed as the driver as full control of the loco when driving from the Saloon.

Archived