N finetrak concrete sleepered points

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Premium

Finetrax, rather than trak.

These are code 40 turnouts, using flat bottom rail and concrete bearers. Wayne's also talking about offering the bases in a wooden equivalent, for those modelling pre-2000s, although the geometry will be consistent with the concrete ones.

Clickable link:

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/britishfinescale/n-gauge-code-40-flat-bottom-rail-concrete-sleeper-turnouts?ref=project_link - well worth a look ! 

Robert 

image.png.e3a9ea2b4a2003484e2d14225ac4326a.pngt to point out this new range - almost please feel to pledge and plan .....  thanks Robert  

Thank you for picking up on this. Wayne is a strange chap. Brings out this wonderful stuff and does so little to tell people about it. This is a truly stunning development for the hobby, a real gamechanger.

Surprised that he has gone with Kickstarter. When he started out with fineTrax, he was completely reluctant to use any  outside finance. Slowed him down a lot.

So glad, finally, to support his project with some cash. The trackwork may just arrive at just the right time to run my Revolution 321s on it.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

He's about 80% there already with the pledge amount needed.

But I will happily put in the rest if he comes up short -  not that he will. £3000 to create such a superb product. The man is a genius!

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
typo

• RMweb Premium

To be fair he's been quite active posting about it on the N Gauge Forum, it was suggested he post here, but he didn't want to advertise explicitly. Obviously other people promoting it is fine though!

I agree it's a really exciting development, looking forward to getting my hands on some!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi good to see responses and as njee20 has kindly shown the kickstarter in live format scheme at 81% at end of play today.   Joseph - very kind to underwrite the scheme I am sure Wayne will be happy. 

I have for last few years built points as a demo and look forward to being able to be build a current scene demo. Hopefully sales will prompt more developments and perhaps lead main stream rtr forward.  Next step in promotion will be some flyers and I hope to have some soon.   As they say keep watching !! 

Thanks to all who have viewed this and hope you will join in some kit building fun, every pledge helps now and for the future N gauge current scene modellers.  

Robert          

• 2 months later...