Calling All of you who are willing to paint for others?

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this thread, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I am sure you administrator types will move it if you think it should be somewhere else!?

I am looking for someone in the UK to carry out a repaint renumber and weathering on a couple of un weathered Bachmann 00 Class 57s that due to a change in era modelled are no longer correctly painted.

It is not something I am competent to do myself (I know my limitations!).

I am hoping that this work can be done for less than the difference between the cost of new locos (one livery is currently available) and the proceeds from selling the current ones?

As a bonus I will get two individual locos (different degree of weathering and different numbers) to the standard offering!

Many thanks for any help

Best regards

Paul

18 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this thread, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I am sure you administrator types will move it if you think it should be somewhere else!?

I am looking for someone in the UK to carry out a repaint renumber and weathering on a couple of un weathered Bachmann 00 Class 57s that due to a change in era modelled are no longer correctly painted.

It is not something I am competent to do myself (I know my limitations!).

I am hoping that this work can be done for less than the difference between the cost of new locos (one livery is currently available) and the proceeds from selling the current ones?

As a bonus I will get two individual locos (different degree of weathering and different numbers) to the standard offering!

Many thanks for any help

Best regards

Paul

For a proper repaint and decent (rather than generic) weathering you could be looking at the thick end of £150 per loco.  Its not a cheap or quick process.

Various suppliers carry out this service, as noted below.

Carefully check their finished models - full repaints, not just remembered examples

Edited by JiLo

• RMweb Gold

There are quite a few providers of this type of service and several can be found here as they have threads on the RM Web platform.  Two regular posters that immediately spring to my mind are:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108886-bens-resprays-workbench-thread/

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64736-my-detailingrepainting-projects/

Have a look at their work and you can decide for yourself if it is what you are looking for. 

• Like 1