iTrain loco direction conflict???

model-trains

Hi guys

At last I am able to carry out my first run on board-1.  

When I run the loco Manually in forward or reverse direction, using iTrain, it performs correctly.

When I run the loco in Semi Automatic, clicking the green arrow in the appropriate block, on the mimic plan, the next block turns yellow but the loco goes in the opposite direction?

e.g. iTrain expects loco to go left/clock wise, loco goes right/anticlockwise?

Help appreciated

Thanks in advance

You need to synchronise the direction of the loco and the switchboard - simply press Shift and Left Click your mouse on the arrow in the Switchboard. This will change the direction of the arrow and synchronise it with the forward and reverse in the loco panel

If you do what I have said then there is no problem - it is also described in the manual ;)

If the train direction on the track does not match the direction of the arrow, you can Shift + click on the arrow. By iTrain 4.1 doing this the arrow will be reversed without changing the direction of the train itself so that they are synchronized again

Page 76/77

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, model-trains said:

I am going to put this on the iTrain forum as there is a conflict which is definitely iTrain.

...because the advice given worked and solved the problem, and you think it will help people there? Or because the advice didn't work and there is still a problem? It might be helpful to others on here in the future to know, and if it didn't, there may still be others here who haven't seen it yet and know the answer.

• Thanks 1

It is very simple and you have the answer, shift key and click on the direction arrow on the switchboard to synchronise them with the loco panel. 

To expand - hold the shift key on the keyboard down with one finger, and move the mouse cursor over the direction arrow on the switchboard for the loco in question, the click the mouse. The arrow will change direction on the switchboard but NOT on the loco panel.

The loco and switchboard are now synchronised

Edited by WIMorrison

I have done so and it has synchronised the two forward/forward, reverse/reverse. Thank you.

I have now put the loco on the down line (forward = right as viewed on screen). Did this because the Track [1] wanted to go left and that part of the layout is not yet built.

Checking the mimic plan and loco control box I see ------<------ and down arrow, both showing reverse,

so I change to ------>------ which is forward and the Loco control box also shows forward (Up)

This track Block SF-P2 is bi-directional, pointing left is reverse, of bi-directional direction, pointing right is forward of priority for this line.

When I click the Green circle with white triangle, to start the Loco in forward ------>------

Is changes it to reverse ------<------ and chooses to go the opposite way.

I think although it is clear now these situations are totally different, I was seeing them as part of the same issue.

Getting there slowly, not sure why it changes direction to what I have requested?

if the train will not go forward when you want it to then there is something ahead which is preventing it from travelling in that direction and you will need to identify what that blockage is. I know that previously there were no faults with any of the routing or blocks therefore it is something that you have changed - perhaps you need to go back to where it worked to find out what it is that you have changed, or alternatively you will need to look at all the blocks to see which one has the issue.

It is also possible that you have the train incorrectly configured therefore try another train in the same location , if the alternate works correctly then it is a train configuration issue on the original train, if it doesn't then it is looking like a track configuration issue

• Thanks 1

Nothing ahead, all blocks clear, only one loco on for testing. 

Ran loco half way round on screen, facing  >>> to top of loop <<<, without moving loco on track.

Then dragged loco down to block at bottom where loco was, it now works.

The on screen mimic plans works, and has been run and tested, tested, tested, so it had to be something else.

Good news it is sorted, now next issue which I will raise another thread for. DR4088LN.

This is the first board for my new layout, it is also first time I have been able to run a train on it with iTrain. So although I have spent a lot of time with the software, I am now starting with testing the track and feedbacks.

Thanks for all your help with this issue.