Crianlarich to Oban on fotopic

• RMweb Premium

Fascinating photos david. I love the Crianlarich area as I often go hill (or in English terms mountain) walking here. If you look at the captions for Crianlarich Lower I think the photo of the junction with the colour light is actually facing west towards Oban. The line on the left is going up to the Upper station and that on the right goes to the Lower.

• RMweb Gold

Fascinating photos david. I love the Crianlarich area as I often go hill (or in English terms mountain) walking here. If you look at the captions for Crianlarich Lower I think the photo of the junction with the colour light is actually facing west towards Oban. The line on the left is going up to the Upper station and that on the right goes to the Lower.

Many thanks Steve, my photo catalogue says looking west too - I really must not do things from memory!

David

• RMweb Premium

Some great photos there - very atmospheric.

I'm 99% certain I was on the 1985 special from Newcastle, getting on for an early start at Hexham. I'll have to have a rummage through my photos that were taken on my trusty Kodak instamatic.

Thanks for posting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

I take it that you are referring to this image http://davesscottish.../p64717358.html ? If so this is definitely not Crianlarich Lower Junction which lays on the floor of Strath Fillan and is Ground Frame operated. Dave's photo being of a hillside location with RETB operated points, looks very much like the north end of Ardlui station or possibly Arochar & Tarbet - my money would be on Ardlui looking north towards Crianlarich.

Good to see another fotopic site featuring the Oban Line - more please!

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Yes it is Arrochar and Tarbet - Included in this collection in error, I misread my slide catalogue when I was sorting them out and didn't bother looking properly at the image.

Sorry.

There are more photos of Scotland to come, when I get time

David

Archived