Help with Bachmann Dynamis or DCC concept's digital point motors

farren

• RMweb Gold

Hi I am having trouble with one or the other. I am building a layout and having fitted the frist six points motors . I am currently testing the layout before moving on to anymore building.

The point motors are feed of the track busbar.

I managed to get the frist 4 fully working. A couple of days later I weird up the next two which worked fine but the frist 4 would not work. After much testing nothing seemed wrong I reset them long story short all six worked fine.

Come to day none are working. I haven't reset them yet.  I ran a couple of loco's but one did not respond  to its ID and needed to be re-a dressed.  

now if i know correctly the id is kept on the dcc chip or point motor in this case. So the question is have i got six faulty point motors or is the controller going wrong 

Its probably something in the signals from the DCC system which is causing the point motors to reset.   As to which is to blame, its hard to pin down. 

I'd suggest talking to either the supplying retailer of the point motors, or DCC Concepts, to see if they have any solutions to offer.   Sometimes fitting a "track snubber" accross the track will stop the noisy signal affecting things.  The "snubber" consists of a resistor and a capacitor of appropriate sizes, the components should cost under 50p.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for your answer I'll phone dcc concept's tomorrow and see what they suggest. You say the track snubbed needs to be the appropriate size. Is this something dcc components can help with. As in do the values need to be tailored to the devices in question.