Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Quick Q on Class 37s receiving yellow warning panels

Got a Farish split-headcode Class 37 in all over green without a yellow warning panel. I can’t seem to find the answer to a simple Q – when would the loco have run in this condition? Class 37s were introduced in 1960 I believe but I can’t seem to find when yellow panels began to appear.

Thanks folks,

Dave.

I am pretty sure only the first 20 were delivered without the panel, so any post 1961 deliveries would have had the yellow panel, most off the original ones would have had it within a couple of years so 1963-1964.

I’ve got another one now, still on the Class 37s – when did the all yellow end with marker lights get put in? Considering a Farish version but not sure if it’s 70s or 80s for this livery (I’m after 70s).

http://www.ehattons.....aspx?SID=31451

If not I'll go with the domino version.

Depends how late in the 70's you model, my layout is set in 1977 and everything has dominoes, although some Deltics and 47s had been plated by then, dominoes were still prevalent. 1978 onwards you could get away with the plated ones.

Archived