The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RIP David Bellamy

43110andyb

• RMweb Premium

Very sad, he enthused so many people with his conservation message when I was growing up. He was a great communicator and conveyed his passion in a way which anyone could understand. Funnily, I actually respected his willingness to stand his ground and not just shut up and conform to the new orthodoxy in his later years which resulted in him becoming an outcast as although I disagreed with him and thought he was wrong he was open about his beliefs and I respect that (even if I don't like particular beliefs).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

When I was doing my driver training we used to see him when catching the train to York 

We often spoke to him , mind we sometimes used to see him when we were getting back in the evening quite often a little worse for wear.

He was on the tv at the time with an advert two or three pints two or three times a week never did anyone any harm ...... more like seven or eight pints seven or eight times a week....

Bless him a very decent chap

RIP David 

• Like 3

He was the guy who handed me my degree at my graduation ceremony.  I always loved his character. No one could say "sphagnum moss" like he could! A sad loss but he had a good and full life.

Edited by Titan
  • Like 3