Bachmann Bulleid coaches, 054- series c1994

Piscator

I have just sourced a number of these coaches in almost mint condition. I intend to add detail, lights and passengers to the interior. These are the only Bachmann coaches I have and with all, the bodies are loose on the frames. I think this may have been a problem at the time of issue as Bachmann appear to have changed design on newer carriages. 

I assume others have had this problem, apart from fixing permanently with glue that will then prevent access to inside, have any members come up with a solution.

many thanks

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget to do something with the Under Frames...they are crap and need decent detailing, with the most important being the Brake V Hangers.

Not come across the looseness problem. Could you add some sort of 'wedge' of plasticard in some posi8tion to make them a push fit/grip?

Thank you Mallard. I had thought of widening the middle clips, body to frame with plasticard but thought others might have had a better fix. 

I shall see if I get any other suggestions. I am surprised others have not had this problem but the coaches although “mint” are probably so dated that there are not many in use although I believe early Bachmann used this same moulding.

• Friendly/supportive 1

When you say "loose" if you mean the bodies  move a little relative to the chassis then yes I think this is common to the set, and also to Bachmann's early Thompsons.

I personally don't find this a problem, they are easy to dismantle without damage, compared to other more recent coaches, and particularly if you're adding lights and people you may need access at some future point anyway.

John.

• Informative/Useful 1