Model Rail/Harburn/Bachmann Class '107'

dibber25

The limited edition Bachmann 3-car Class 108 liveried as a Strathclyde 107 for Model Rail and Harburn Hobbies is now in stock at Harburn. Price £119.50 inc post and packing (MR subscribers £107.55) ALL ENQUIRIES TO: 0131 556 3233.

Just collected my model from Harburn Hobbies today and i'm very impressed & well pleased - Chris, thanks to you and all at Model Rail for supporting this limited edition - another winner for sure! Can't wait for the Scotrail 150 now!!

I've been up to Harburn today and picked mine up. A few pictures (not great photos, I'll see if I can get some better ones later) :

post-7040-1274277469_thumb.jpg

post-7040-127427747493_thumb.jpg

post-7040-127427748094_thumb.jpg

First impressions are good - printing is well done, including the data panel and Ayr(AY) depot stickers. Destination blinds read Glasgow and Edinburgh Waverley. Running quality is very good as expected from the 108 chassis.

Andy B)

I was in Harburns today and had a good look at the model - sadly not my era of modelling but the livery application and printed detail is very crisp and really neat destination blinds as well. If you are lucky enough to live near Edinburgh you can get the model in the shop for £114.95. It certainly seemed to be attracting a lot of attention and I think will go quite quickly as a lot od Scottish limited editions seem to.

Now the 150/2 model in the Swoosh livery will suit me and my name has already gone in the book for one as I am sure that will go fast as well judging by the speed the old lima 156 in that livery went a few years back which I missed out on.

Mark

does anyone know when the 150/2 model in the Swoosh livery is coming out? (quote)

The simple answer is 'No'. This model only recently reached artwork stage and I'm not expectng it till early next year but you never know.

CHRIS LEIGH

Got my set today! Fantastic model, so now we have this and the Kyle Coaches and other things in the pipeline for Scotland I suggest the following...

Hornby Class 101 3 car set in the same SPTE livery (2 car set was done years ago by Lima and D&F Models which was for the late 1990's period, but theres been nothing for the 1980's- early 1990's period)

Hornby Class 101 driving car to depict the class 101 observation car on the Kyle line- Class 101 ob car

Anyways- need to urgently go out and get some decoders for the 107! :lol::lol:

Some pictures of mine for those that may still be deciding whether to buy one or not!

I added some some ViTrains Screw Couplings and used fine wire for the mulitiple working cables.

Model is absolutely superb! Have decided to go all retro 1989 on my layout as a result!

post-9046-127521786828_thumb.jpg

post-9046-127521790735_thumb.jpg

post-9046-127521793685_thumb.jpg

Archived