Not a GWR BLT

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Great Eastern Lady said:

@Harlequin  I have to say , I do like what you have done , I might even use it((wink))

Feel free!

Are they three 4ft x 2ft 6in boards 

Yes, partly to minimise the number of joints and partly to avoid a joint across the platform. The light grid you can see are 305mm squares.

I omitted the line crossing from the goods shed loop up to the back siding because it would have been very tricky to do and I'm pretty sure it would have been shunted manually or by horse, so not easily operated in a model.

I splayed the bottom dock siding and the engine shed siding for artistic reasons - straightening everything out felt a bit too "rigid".

You can just about run round 4 coach excursion trains.

The Streamline parts are 1 large Y, 2 double slips. 1 single slip, 2 medium rights, 3 large rights and 1 large left.

P.S. If you give the layout a ficticious name no-one can accuse you of getting anything wrong! :wink_mini:

Edited by Harlequin
  • Informative/Useful 1

@Harlequin  I was going to give it a fictitious name anyway 

4ft is a bit long for me , I was going to use four 3ft x2ft 6in boards , makes it easier to handle and get into the car , if and when I need to 
Also I’m restricted on the space a have  to work , only two boards at a time at the moment , until I can get the room I’m planning to use cleared out 

Also I was thinking of using a couple of small additional modules for scenery that can be easily attached 

Im using Peco 100 Electrofrog points, medium and small , mainly for space and because it’s a branch line , so I cannot really see the point in using the large ones 

If the weather is good next weekend I should start on the building of the first two baseboards 

8 hours ago, t-b-g said:

A friend of mine is building Framlingham in O Gauge as a first layout in that scale. It does look an interesting prototype. It does make a nice change to see a branch terminus hat isn't GWR!

Everyone seems to build the ubiquitous GWR branch line , probably why there is so much available for them 

Good luck to your friends O gauge layout 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Great Eastern Lady said:

@Harlequin  I was going to give it a fictitious name anyway 

4ft is a bit long for me , I was going to use four 3ft x2ft 6in boards , makes it easier to handle and get into the car , if and when I need to 
Also I’m restricted on the space a have  to work , only two boards at a time at the moment , until I can get the room I’m planning to use cleared out 

Also I was thinking of using a couple of small additional modules for scenery that can be easily attached 

Im using Peco 100 Electrofrog points, medium and small , mainly for space and because it’s a branch line , so I cannot really see the point in using the large ones 

If the weather is good next weekend I should start on the building of the first two baseboards 

Larger radius turnouts look better, more realistic...

And ditto for Code 75, unless you really have to use Code 100 for old rolling stock.

Edited by Harlequin

• 4 weeks later...