RMweb

Controller wire query

Newbie48

I am not sure exactly what you want. Do you mean wires that go from the controller to the track? If so then no soldering should be necessary. Use any length of bell wire or similar. At the controller end it should go onto screw terminals. At the track end it can plug into a track connecting clip like this one.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/power-control/power-connecting-clip.html

Robert

I can't really make out what the OP is requesting either?    

There should be no need to solder (but it is the very best joint/connection).  Use Terminal block connectors. Scotchlok of the correct size for the wires. Crimped connectors or even Wago style connectors for joints in wiring.

If the end of the wire is to go to the rails then use as suggested plug-in power clips or even power track sections or perhaps pre soldered fishplates (rail joiners) with wire leads to replace the existing metal joiners. 

But learning to solder is a great skill to learn and its not that hard really!

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Robert Stokes said:

I am not sure exactly what you want. Do you mean wires that go from the controller to the track? If so then no soldering should be necessary. Use any length of bell wire or similar. At the controller end it should go onto screw terminals. At the track end it can plug into a track connecting clip like this one.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/power-control/power-connecting-clip.html

Robert

Bad advice to use bell wire. It's single stranded and when it moves it's likely to break sooner or later, giving an open circuit.

For model railway use, the preferred option, should always be stranded wire.

• Agree 1