Northam Central

norseman

Northam Central was recently visited by a class 35 Hymek, brought here by a friend who currently doesn't have a layout of his own. Wrong era, but a really nice loco, so here are a couple of pics.

guest1.jpg

guest2.jpg

Also I have tried to make small drawings for the backscene to prevent the streets ending in the skies.

backscene.jpg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

My train set had it's annual escape from the closet today at a Children's fun day at our local church. A few updates included non working home made signals, and more detailing on some buildings. A busy day in front of excited children who could not always resist touching the model. Five small people dropped dead after being touched by big fingers, and a couple of seamoss trees were broken in a "storm", but otherwise the layout escaped without physical damages.

The bonus was me and my boy could play train for a few hours in a well lit room before the doors were opened. Here are a few pics and a short video:

nov_13_01.jpg

nov_13_02.jpg

nov_13_03.jpg

nov_13_04.jpg

nov_13_05.jpg

nov_13_06.jpg

nov_13_07.jpg

nov_13_08.jpg

nov_13_09.jpg

Edited by norseman
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 02/11/2013 at 21:51, norseman said:

My train set had it's annual escape from the closet today at a Children's fun day at our local church. A few updates included non working home made signals, and more detailing on some buildings. A busy day in front of excited children who could not always resist touching the model. Five small people dropped dead after being touched by big fingers, and a couple of seamoss trees were broken in a "storm", but otherwise the layout escaped without physical damages.

The bonus was me and my boy could play train for a few hours in a well lit room before the doors were opened. Here are a few pics and a short video:

nov_13_01.jpg

nov_13_02.jpg

nov_13_03.jpg

nov_13_04.jpg

nov_13_05.jpg

nov_13_06.jpg

nov_13_07.jpg

nov_13_08.jpg

nov_13_09.jpg

Hi Norseman

This is an old thread, but I stumbled across it doing a search for "brewery buildings". I don't know if you are still active, but these videos give a tantalising glimpse of your models, as unfortunately not a single one of your photographs now shows up on the thread! Is there any way of uploading and sharing those photos again? 

Always frustrating to find a source of inspiration hampered by technology - like discovering an old magazine with an article you've been looking for, only to find that the previous owner has cut all the photos out!

Steve S