• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finishing off around the level crossing so the layout is almost finished. The little shed at the back needs another coat of grey as it looks a bit blue in the photos but looks grey to the naked eye. the big puddle by the signal cabin still has wet PVA around it so it looks a bit light still but all in all I am pleased with the final result. 

post-9335-12807768374_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128077688596_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128077691585_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128077697678_thumb.jpg

post-9335-12807770289_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128077709101_thumb.jpg

post-9335-12807771073_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Just found this...very inspiring...especially when I stumbled upon the 47 and china clays...excellent.

Are the clay hoods Skytrex? I have one with the Tarp erected - did you flatten these yourself or am I missing something?

A few more photos with that 47 would be most welcome ;)

Pete

Just found this...very inspiring...especially when I stumbled upon the 47 and china clays...excellent.

Are the clay hoods Skytrex? I have one with the Tarp erected - did you flatten these yourself or am I missing something?

A few more photos with that 47 would be most welcome ;)

Pete

Hi Pete, Yes the China Clays are Skytrex, I originally had the hoods but I was told by my Club mates that they didn't come out until about 1970 so were the wrong period for my Pannier. I swapped them for the earlier ones, As I now have the 47 and also an 03 that I have just painted in blue with yellow ends I should have kept the hoods. Thanks for your nice comments I don't have any more pic's of the 47 yet but when I have finished detailing and weathering the 03 I will post some more. Maybe I should get a 50?????

16 tonners looking good there!

have you tried gluing a little Woodland Scenics clump foliage or foliage clusters to the trees painted on the back scene?

You only need a small amount but it gives the backscene added 'depth'.

Works for me in 00 so may be even better/worse in 0!blink.gif

I'll have to make a start here now on my 0 layout!

16 tonners looking good there!

have you tried gluing a little Woodland Scenics clump foliage or foliage clusters to the trees painted on the back scene?

You only need a small amount but it gives the backscene added 'depth'.

Works for me in 00 so may be even better/worse in 0!blink.gif

I'll have to make a  start here now on my 0 layout!

Thanks Black Rat I will get some clumps and give it a go nothing to lose, except  all my back scene !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No I will try it in a small area first and post the results. 

What trackwork have you used please?  If I can achieve half as good a result with my first foray into O gauge I shall be happy!

Hi Cromptonnut, I have used standard Peco track and points but on the main part I have cut out the webbing underneath and removed some sleepers to space them out a bit 

Where abouts in the world are you Andrew? great looking layout, lots for me to think about when starting my own micro O gauge layout ....

Hello Redgate Models, I'm in South Derbyshire, O gauge is a lot cheaper than I expected if you build a small layout and I build most of my own wagons although I haven't tried a brass kit yet. 

Hi Andrew,

Have to say the layout looks better with the tank engines rather than diesels, can just imagine the pannier or even Beattie well tank pottering around shunting the wagons.

Colin

Well Colin, I quite agree although I have just got an 03 which I am doing in fadded blue, I was going to try a Beattie Well Tank kit but still not sure. 

• RMweb Gold

Hello Redgate Models, I'm in South Derbyshire, O gauge is a lot cheaper than I expected if you build a small layout and I build most of my own wagons although I haven't tried a brass kit yet. 

Do you fancy exhibiting at the Mansfield Show next year - 5th & 6th March 2011?

Well Colin, I quite agree although I have just got an 03 which I am doing in fadded blue, I was going to try a Beattie Well Tank kit but still not sure. 

Hi Andrew, can just see the 03 grumbling away on the layout, or even an 08, I just thought that the 47 looked a little too big for the layout but could obviously just be arriving to deliver or collect some wagons.

Colin

Do you fancy exhibiting at the Mansfield Show next year - 5th & 6th March 2011?

Hi Redgate Well thanks for the offer, I am having the layout photographed soon by Railway Modeller and I have someone interested in buying it but if the sale falls through I would be very interested. If I do sell it I will build something else by next March anyway possibly using my blue 03, 47 and an 08. I also have my OO layout Glen Roy which may be available. Thanks Andy. 

Hi Redgate Well thanks for the offer, I am having the layout photographed soon by Railway Modeller and I have someone interested in buying it but if the sale falls through I would be very interested. If I do sell it I will build something else by next March anyway possibly using my blue 03, 47 and an 08. I also have my OO layout Glen Roy which may be available. Thanks Andy. 

too right you will have another layout, you are the only guy l know that can have a new layout every six months and they just get better and better, keep it up Andy as they are an inspiration to all...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Neat set up Andrew. This is my first post on RMweb. You've inspired my next small layout project. I really like your modeling style and track plan. Here's an example of some of my work. I'll post my new plan as influenced by St. Budoc if you're interested. Regards, -Bill

brewer10-3-10.jpg

• Like 2