Scratchbuilt Foden dump truck 4mm.

rubber duck

9 hours ago, rubber duck said:

Stretched RTI chassis, Carama rear wheels, Matador front wheels,  Rest scratchbuilt.

20200222_131008.jpg

20200222_130756.jpg

20200222_130852.jpg

I remember Dinky did a similar vehicle, but with a 'dozer blade on the front. The prototypes worked on slag haulage and tipping; the blade meant they didn't need a tracked bulldozer on the slag bank.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 3 weeks later...

Really like that. Takes me back to the mid 1970s when Haywards had the contract to pull down and landscape the slate quarry tips between Corris and Upper Corris.  They used a handful of these Fodens and a Poclain to shift some of the slate, with Cat D8s and scraper boxes also mucking in. From what I remember those Fodens (or at least some of them) had an arrangement where the exhaust was piped into the tipper body for heating the contents.  Not sure how many had this alteration.

Great work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 18:55, Covkid said:

Really like that. Takes me back to the mid 1970s when Haywards had the contract to pull down and landscape the slate quarry tips between Corris and Upper Corris.  They used a handful of these Fodens and a Poclain to shift some of the slate, with Cat D8s and scraper boxes also mucking in. From what I remember those Fodens (or at least some of them) had an arrangement where the exhaust was piped into the tipper body for heating the contents.  Not sure how many had this alteration.

Great work

Would be great to get some early Cat equipment,  as you say D8's D9's,  scraper trailers and the old twin engined Terex scrapers....we live in hope..     

Lone Star did a Euclid TC-12 crawler in 1/76 scale back in the sixties in their Impy Roadmasters range. Not too difficult to find, and not usually too expensive either - especially in 'restorable' condition. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1