Metal Adhesive Help / Advice

Hello all, I had a terrible incident today with my Hornby class 60 chassis, wherw I accidently knocked it off my work bench onto the carpet.

The front part (where the cab internal sits) bent due to the impact with the floor. When I slowly tried to bend it back into line it virtually broke off (it's still attached but any further movement will break it off.

For now I have put some superglue along he crack, but I'm wondering what i can do for a permanent fix?

I have tried to see if anywhere just sells the chassis but with no luck.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Darryl 

20200303_194753.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 1

I am having a bit of a problem seeing just where it has cracked so it is difficult to make too much of a reliable comment.  However,  if it is now in the correct position I would get some of the very thin superglue, drop it onto the crack and let it wick in.  Do it from all positions.  This can create a very strong bond.

Hi,

I would use Hafix industrial superglue. It will stick anything to anything with an almost unbreakable bond. it is not cheap but it works. I was convinced when I saw it for sale at the Warley exhibition  where they glued to large nuts together then repeatedly threw them on the floor; Nothing could separate them. They then tried to pry them apart with a screw drive with no affect. It also has one other advantage in that if you put it in a fridge to cool for a while it slows the going off process by up to 2 minutes. This would give you time to run it into the crack and know that it will reach the areas needed before setting.

https://www.hafixs.co.uk/products/profglue/index.html

thanks for the replies guys. it bent / cracked along the line under the lip above where the coupling spring is held in place. Temporary i have used superglue to fill the crack and put some plastercard underneath which isn't doing a bad job.

20200303_194753.jpg