Southeastern Finecast E1 & E2 in EM gauge

Jack

I have got a bit sidetracked on other items, the E's are basically there, I need a couple of firebox backheads, simple height adjustments and the sitting of brake gear once I have finished the bodies

The big issue I have is lining, what do I get from where/ what is available. Any assistance will be most welcome

I am currently painting a couple of Adams radial tanks and will hit a similar issue with lining

I have also been playing with a couple of Nelly bodies (I should have cut down the bunkers but chickened out, and somehow have ended up with a few industrial kits

I have also found a possible source of cheaper coreless motors which are slow revving 

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing progress!

My own lining for malachite locos has been HMRS BR coach lining. I then paint up to the edge of the outside of the black line.

Interested to know where you've found the coreless motors!

41 minutes ago, Jack P said:

I'm looking forward to seeing progress!

My own lining for malachite locos has been HMRS BR coach lining. I then paint up to the edge of the outside of the black line.

Interested to know where you've found the coreless motors!

Jack

Is there only one set of BR coach lining please?

I will keep you informed about the motors but I will test it first. 

241.jpeg.2174b51be8d47bf775aaabe344613dd2.jpeg

Sorry about the quality of the photos, 100 round can by 15 mm, shafts a bit short but come with extenders, at 12v revs at either 12 or 18k (my bad memory)

242.jpeg.2a7c788585c818ed711ce060ce0f729d.jpeg

As you can see fits a Road Runner but the M 1.4 x 2 mm are a bit too long need washers. Not tested in a loco yet.

• Like 2

Jack

Thanks I have ordered them

Had an issue with the motor, looks like it does not like my H&M Safety Minor controller, Have a sneaky idea they dont line non electronic controllers, if that's the case they are no good. I will send it back, but rather than being disappointed I am not holding out any great hope.