Class 08 - horn or whistle?

Pillar

Does anyone know when / from what number Class 08s switched from using a whistle to an air horn? There are some very good previous threads on the subject of detail differences, but I can't find any reference to this. All I know is that some examples with whistles later had them swapped for horns.

The particular prototype I'm interested in is ex-BR D3088 which was used at Blyth Bates colliery by the NCB in the 1980s. There are some good images of it online but unfortunately none which show this detail.

Cheers,

Liam

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Pillar said:

Does anyone know when / from what number Class 08s switched from using a whistle to an air horn? There are some very good previous threads on the subject of detail differences, but I can't find any reference to this. All I know is that some examples with whistles later had them swapped for horns.

The particular prototype I'm interested in is ex-BR D3088 which was used at Blyth Bates colliery by the NCB in the 1980s. There are some good images of it online but unfortunately none which show this detail.

Cheers,

Liam

I seem to remember earlier ones having horns and these were operated by a chord