Another Mystery 00 Wagon

cessna152towser

• RMweb Premium

Came with an eBay job lot.   Two part diecast metal chassis.   Kind of similar to early nineteen fifties Pyramid Trackmaster or Farish Formo but not quite the same.  Body appears to be wooden and is decorated with a printed paper as a J.R. Wood & Co coal wagon.  I think the print may be by Merco.  Wagon appears to have been well assembled in its day but unfortunately had lost two of its original diecast axleguards and part of its brake gear. The wheels are a trial fit of old Lima which has shown that one of the replacement axleguards is out of alignment.  Can anyone identify the make of wagon?

IMG_3924.JPG

It's a Hamblings underframe. They marketed the Merco lithos as well so they are often found together.  The cast parts are prone to fracture  being mounted out of true. The first one I acquired* - many years ago now from ERG IIRC - had one wheel out of plane with the others and being BRMSB didn't help either on my HD track. It was therefore soon retired.

* An SR van built on a length of solid wood that Hamblings sold for for the purpose.

• Thanks 1