Aldersgate buildings 11 NatWest Bank

Some initial photos of my semi relief model of what is now the NatWest bank in Aldersgate Street which will be part of the City area of the Aldersgate Layout.  Usual hairy modelling from yours truly which is a product of the old school way I work and increasingly dodgy eyesight.  Hopefully it will have charm at least and look ok from a normal viewing distance.

bank2.jpg

bank4.jpg

bank5.jpg

aldersgate 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I've go as far as fitting the windows along the main side of the building.  Since this is semi relief, there's only the thin section to go which is the entrance.  I'll assemble it as a wedge shaped structure with two blank sides and start work on the entrance.

windows_one_.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, George Hudson said:

Plenty of odd angles to fill in on the roof, hours of fun! Upstairs windows "offered up" to get a feel of how they will look.  (apologies for anyone who feels this is one up from watching paint dry) 

woof1.jpg

woof2.jpg

A stunning modelling of a complicated building, keep the updates coming, I personally like a step by step approach.

Good luck with the Mansard roof, the one on my house I used to have leaked as they hadn't fitted the tiles correctly, so prototype for everything.:huh:

Simon

• Like 1
  • Funny 1