The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Goods not delivered - what next?

spikey

Mrs Spikey has just pointed out that we don't actually want to cancel the order because they can't deliver it in a timely manner.  What we want is the roofing sheets which we have paid for which they are currently unable to deliver, and that's a different matter.  When looked at like this, we seem to be getting into force majeure, as Jeremy C suggested earlier.  I'll email them now and see what happens ...

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, spikey said:

Mrs Spikey has just pointed out that we don't actually want to cancel the order because they can't deliver it in a timely manner.  What we want is the roofing sheets which we have paid for which they are currently unable to deliver, and that's a different matter.  When looked at like this, we seem to be getting into force majeure, as Jeremy C suggested earlier.  I'll email them now and see what happens ...

Out of interest, can any other company reliably supply and deliver the sheets at the moment?  If the answer is no, then sadly perhaps all you can do is ride it out.  Admittedly, you won't have your money back, but then again if they'd delivered your roofing sheets your money would be on your roof and not available for other tasks anyway...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hurrah!  We have a result.  I have finally got an email just now from the firm concerned in which they undertake to deliver the goods I ordered as soon as circumstances permit, and to keep me updated meanwhile on the EDD.

That's what been lacking all along.  All I've previously had is waffle and excuses.  Now I'm resigned to waiting it out, and making an S75 claim if they go bust in the meantime.

I can live with that.  Thank you once again, gentlemen.

• Like 2