Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Sophia's WKR workshop

WRT the N2, chassis a basis for an LBSCR radial perhpas (the old Wills E5 fitted on a HD R1 chassis), with those wheels either an E4 or an E5. But, how about a SECR J? possibly use some of your stock of R1 bodies?

33C mentions an O, is that your project for the C - domeless boiler Stirling style?

1 minute ago, Artless Bodger said:

Thinking a bit more (dangerous I know), the N2 boiler is quite large diameter, but Marsh rebuilt an E5 with a superheated boiler - looked quite stumpy, totally ruined the aesthetic though. https://www.national-preservation.com/threads/lbscr-r-billinton-e5-e5x-0-6-2t.943724/

Brighton locos are more Gary's (Bluelightning) thing as I'm a dedicated Ashford girl, but I'm pretty sure he's always after ideas for new projects

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

but I'm pretty sure he's always after ideas for new projects

This is very much an understatement, I wish I had read this while I was at work where there is an N2 and I had my book of drawings (guess who's getting a PM shortly)

and since I saw an O mentioned, guess what else I finally remembered to take to the shop today!!

• Like 2

Sophia, what happened to the T9? Or have I not been paying attention?

1 minute ago, BlueLightning said:

Thanks, she's a 3D printed kit, that at the moment is not commercially available, on an Oxford Rail Dean Goods chassis

Gary

Crickey that was a quick response, thank you. Sorry, I mis-attributed your comment to someone else earlier - I need to wake up!

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Sophia NSE said:

If she had been available commercially I'd have had one too!

I totally haven't got a second (slightly failed print) loco body sat in my workshop :tongueclear:

1 minute ago, Artless Bodger said:

Crickey that was a quick response, thank you. Sorry, I mis-attributed your comment to someone else earlier - I need to wake up!

You caught me at just the right time that I had just caught up with RMWeb when you commented, so it got read almost as you posted it, and don't worry about the mis-attribution, these things happen

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Artless Bodger said:

Sophia, what happened to the T9? Or have I not been paying attention?

Funnily enough I was talking to Gary about that just the other day. It might be something I come back to in the future, maybe as a tender drive loco instead

• Like 1

Just now, BlueLightning said:

Sounds like a good plan! Can't wait to see it finished, I'll have to get on with my O1 conversion from the GBL C at some point, I'll just have to make sure to chose a different number to my O

Both the C and the 4F are due to arrive the middle of next week, so that should keep me out of mischief :D

• Like 1