Hornby Castle Missing Drawbar Screw

CCGWR

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where to get a spare tender draw-bar screw for a Hornby Castle (most recent tooling) I assume the screw is fairly standardised across the range, if so what is the code? I have one that is missing one and I can't use it if it is only connected by the decoder wires.

Connor 

4 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Are you looking for the screw on the tender or the loco?

The Tender, Peter's Spares have apparently been waiting for a while for the Star screw on back order and haven't heard from their supplier.

I might end up looking for a Grange one

Connor

• RMweb Premium
Just now, CCGWR said:

The Tender, Peter's Spares have apparently been waiting for a while for the Star screw on back order and haven't heard from their supplier.

I might end up looking for a Grange one

Connor

Connor, if you know the R number you will be able to find the correct service sheet on the Hornby website. That should tell you the precise part number you need.

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Connor, if you know the R number you will be able to find the correct service sheet on the Hornby website. That should tell you the precise part number you need.

It doesn’t list the screw as a part. I’ve checked. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Quite possibly, the screw in question may be part of the Small Parts Pack that Hornby tend to use to cover assorted screws and so on for models instead of listing every screw like in the old days...

The 2011 Service Sheet that I have looked at for the Castle doesn't seem to shew the loco end drawbar screw at all...and no small parts pack listed...

Download link...the Service Sheet .pdf file will download...

http://www.lendonsmodelshop.co.uk/pdf/Hornby Service Sheets/No.346C Castle Class.pdf

X.1670 Drawbar pack may include both screws and the drawbar?

Edited by Sarahagain
checked a few things...
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Sarahagain said:

X.1670 Drawbar pack may include both screws and the drawbar?

Nope I already checked that. It’s odd that some draw bars do seem to include a screw, some seem to include 2 screws, but others don’t include any screws. 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Informative/Useful 3